Tuesday, August 19, 2008

MY FAMILY

MY FAMILY



I praise and thank you Almighty Father for the gift of family
This group of people who individually and collectively
Allow me to be myself and yet in many ways
Define who I am and give me purpose in this life.

Thank you for my dear husband Allan
I have known him since we were quite young
Studying in the same primary school
Interacting yet not quite aware of how fate
Will play its hands quite soon enough.

We went our way yet met again
Not quite knowing and yet somehow feeling
That in our hearts we were meant to be.
I am quite so lucky finding my spouse, my best friend; yes, my soul mate
All rolled into one
In this lifetime at that.

And no, it’s not luck
It was You, O God all the time.

So much different yet so much the same
We have great fights and passionate love
We grew together, walking our paths individually yet not apart.

He completes me.
Bless him and protect him.

Thank you Lord for the fruits of my womb




Bien Emile
He is mostly the reason why I am who I am now.
I call him my catalyst in almost all my major life events and changes.
His vibrant self, his music, his passions- cooking, singing, improvising
All gifts from You O God.
I trust in You completely to make him
Realize his full potential.

Beatrice Anne
This wonderful, intelligent, beautiful
Generous and kind child/girl/lady
I liken her to a flower whose petals are just beginning to open
And I see so much of myself in her.
Give her wisdom to separate the chaff from the grain
To choose wisely and well.

Basil
Forever my baby
With his never-ending smile and laughter
May he remain a child forever- pure, untainted, empathic
Yet with the wisdom of old.


I thank You Lord and I praise You
You chose to bless me and love me unconditionally
By allowing me to be a steward to these individuals
Despite and in spite of ME.

I praise and adore Your holy name forever.

No comments: